The assets of our village of Champéry and its proximity
The village of Champéry, this beautiful village in the Valais in the Dents-du-Midi region, has particularly interesting assets for all visitors and is so close to many well-known places or crossroads. Discover them!
- To be the first resort in the 'Valais', the nearest resort from the Swiss cities of Geneva, Lausanne, Montreux as well as Evian.
- A large panel of activities such as: Accrobranche, Via Ferrata, Canyoning, Climbing wall interior and exterior, natural climbing wall, Farm visit, Trout fishing, Horse riding, as well as a Sports Center with curling, ice skating, swimming pool, Fitness and Tennis.
- Resort of the Portes-du-Soleil with its 650km ski slopes and over 200 lifts in Winter, or its 580km trails for hikes and mountain bikes in Summer as well as its 90 restaurants.
- To be part of Espace Mont-blanc, for the protection and enhancement of a symbolic border territory, where exceptional natural and environmental heritage coexists with economic and touristic activities of international scope.
- An idyllic natural setting in the heart of the Dents-du-Midi mountain range, part of the 4 most photographed mountains in Switzerland.
- An easy access thanks to a large and well built road as well as little mountain cog railway.
- The Palladium – Sport & Congress Center, as well as National Ice Sports Center which welcomes Championships of Curling, Hockey, Ice skating and « Short Track ».
- The unsurpassed proximity with the Casinos of Montreux and Evian, or the known touristic sites such as Château de Chillon, Fondation Pierre Gianadda or la Maison Cailler Swiss Chocolate fabric.
- A less than one hour distance with the Swiss Golfs of Aigle-Montreux, Lavaux, Sierre and Crans-Montana.
- An unmatched photographic collection; amazing memory archive, postal cards, incomparables images in Switzerland covering 150 ans years of tourism.
- The Multi-Pass which allows in Summer to use 55 infrastructures in the Portes-du-Soleil. 9 CHF per person per day or 1.50 CHF if a guest stays in a partner accomodation.
- The Thermal baths at less than 15 minutes with the Thermes Parc of Val d’Illiez
- The proximity to one of the longest zipline in the world with its 2.5km.
- 20 Escape Games at 30 minutes from which Trapgame in Champéry
Champéry, a holiday retreat, a ski und bike vacation resort
"Sport, Charm and Authenticity". These are the three words that best define Champéry, a nice village for alpine Summer holidays and an important Winter ski resort perched 1,050 meters high in the Swiss Alps. Nestled at the feet of Dents du Midi and Dents Blanches mountain ranges and part of the Portes-du-Soleil, offering thus a amazing panel of mountain activities completing the common offer for holidays in switzerland.
Portes du Soleil are the world's largest ski and mountain bike recreational area, and is part of the Espace Mont-Blanc. Champéry is a quiet mountain village in Switzerland, inhabited by true 'Valaisans', yet boasting more than 150 years in tourism. People are used to ski in Champéry for over 70 years.
This typically Swiss village is a jewel of well-preserved traditional architecture. Its unique main street is dotted with chalets typical to the Val d’Illiez valley. Once a sleepy agricultural village, well-heeled English tourists began flocking to Champéry as far back as 1857, making this one of the oldest tourist destinations in Switzerland.
With its idyllic natural setting, Champéry is the perfect place to get off the beaten track; to renew body and spirit with the positive energy that seems to radiate from the majestic Dents du Midi mountains. Winter is all about the crisp chill of bracing alpine activities and mountain sports.
In Summer, visitors come for the pure mountain air of the Portes du Soleil’s hillsides, a vast territory crisscrossed with hiking, biking and horseback riding trails.